A lot has happened since Christmas, a whole new adventure with a new job and relocating to Wales. […]
During the board game expo, my family spent some time in the Family Zone where Malachi played Pengoloo, a children’s memory game where you have to find the eggs that are hidden underneath penguins. Enjoy the unboxing, gameplay runthrough and his thoughts about the game.
- Mechanics: Hand Management, Memory, Press your luck, Set Collection
- Kickstarter URL: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/204427442/hoard?ref=AngelofDice
- BoardGameGeek URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/180471/hoard
- Quick to set up.
- Rules are simple to understand.
- The artwork matches the theme, I like it.
- A big plus which shows forward thinking from the designer is that the cards are distinctive from each other. You will not get confused as to what type of card you are holding. If people have trouble telling the cards apart due to colour blindness, then each card depicts a shape and symbol in each of the card corners.
- In the games that the wife and I played, there did not seem to be evidence of runaway scoring.
- Slight con depending on your point of view is that the length of time to play the game has elements of Fluxx, it can be over quickly before you get into your stride. However, this is a minor point as you can quickly get into another game without much setup and at the most, the length of time for a decent game is around 10 minutes
- The layout of the cards prevent this from being a true travel game, however as long as you have a decent table (train or hotel room), then you can easily play this.
I was lucky enough to get a review copy of Hoard from Cheeky Parrot. As of writing, they are at $13,667 New Zealand Dollars out of a $16,000 goal on Kickstarter.
Hoard is a game where you are adventurers trying to steal the gold and treasure from a dragon’s lair without waking it up.
So when you open up the treasure trove of delights that is Hoard, what do you get? For starters, the box is nice and bright depicting a thief on top of a pile of coins. It’s compact enough that you can pop it into your manbag or handbag without much trouble. Once you pull the top off and inhale the new box smell, you will be greeted with the following:
56 game cards which are made up of Treasure cards which each depict different types of treasures which include coin bags, diamonds, rings, goblets, emeralds and treasure chests. The game also comes with the three double sided dragon cards where the blue side is the dragon sleeping and the red side is the dragon starting to awaken.
Mechanics: Take That, Trade, Negotiation Kickstarter URL: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dirtycops/dirty-cops-a-game-for-scoundrels BoardGameGeek URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/195007/dirty-cops-game-scoundrels Pros Has good potential for interaction with other players. […]
Welcome readers, Now, this article is going to be different from the others that I have posted on […]
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his […]